Sunday, December 07, 2008

Bride with her hair on fire?

Date: 12.06.08
Venue: Star Hill Ranch
City: Bee Cave, Texas

Ok, this was a bit scary but turned out just fine. I was photographing the Groom/Mother Dance. I got several tight shots of them full of emotion. I checked the shot off of my 'mental shot list' and wanted to do something fun and different. The bride and her girls were backed up to some windows so I decided to shoot through the window with them in the forground focused on the Groom and his Mother.

Everything is going great until I see a flash of light and suddenly people scream! The bride's hair had gotten a little close to some candles and wwwoooooofffffff. Fortunitly the whole thing went out as quickly as it started, so quick in fact that I didn't even realize what had happened. Once things settled down and it was clear that everyone was OK I checked the camera and this is the result...

4 Comments:

Blogger Now and Then Photography said...

I can't believe that! Too bad you didn't get a better shot. I'm sure you were to busy helping instead of taking pictures. Well now you know to just keep shooting next time.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah Q {photography for happy people} said...

I love the bridesmaid's face!! HA! What a crazy moment!

2:33 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I was there and I am so glad you got a picture. That is one of those moments that was scary for a minute, but a very unique memory for her wedding! She handled it so well and was out on the dance floor just minutes later.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I'm still in shock that you actually caught this. If this isn't a warning against the dangers of hairspray, then I don't know what is! I can still smell burning hair when I look at this photo. This is definitely one for the books.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home