Sunday, January 04, 2009

Wedding: Sarah & Steve

Date: January 3, 2009
Venue: Santa Cruz Catholic Church, Circle C Park, Driskill Hotel
City: Buda / Austin, Texas

In the words of my favorite football announcer, Keith Jackson, "Wooooh Nellie." This wedding was so much fun!


I am asked all the time, "What are your favorite images to take on a wedding day?" Simple answer. My favorite are the bride and groom portraits. Not only are they the most important but it is so much fun to make killer images with couples that are so excited just to be close to one another. My second favorite? Bride putting on earrings. There is just something about capturing this intimate moment full of excitement and anticipation that I just love.

This is Koehl. He is one of the brides dear friends. He was hanging out in the brides room and this was just a fun shot we came up with.

Steve waiting in the wings just prior to making his entrance.

Love that emotion (and churches that actually let us move around in order to capture these emotive moments).


We really love to push our venues to the fullest. This is actually a corner of the church's parking lot. Doesn't look much like Buda!

We had a few hours between the ceremony and the start of the reception so we packed up everyone on a bus and hit this little jewel of a park. Love the tall grass at sunset, nothing better.



Dear Petal Pushers, please close your eyes.










I would love to thank all these folks for doing what they do so well:
Coordination: 36th Street Weddings
Flowers: Petal Pushers
Ceremony Site: Santa Cruz Catholic Church
Reception Site: Driskill Hotel
Limo: Antique Limousines of Austin

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nice job Tyler. love all the images...sweet ring shot too.

12:11 PM  
Blogger lorri.terkelsen said...

I was not able to attend the wedding but looking at the photos bring me joy. I can feel the progression of the day and it is like I was there. These are by far the best photos I have ever seen of a wedding. Great choise and "a job well done" by the photographer. Thank you so much for sharing them and I can't wait to get mine. Lorri

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home